Holy Trinity Church is the oldest temple in Chelyabinsk. It is only 30 years older than the city. The wooden church was consecrated in 1768.
In 1913 the Holy Trinity Church was born again. The worn out temple was completely rebuilt according to architectural requirements for cathedrals. It was consecrated on October 12, 1914 and has remained as it looks till today.
During the Revolution the church was closed and used for the needs of the city. There were various institutions inside. The last «lord» was the Chelyabinsk Regional Museum that occupied the building until 1990, when the building was returned to the Russian Orthodox Church.
Holy Trinity Church has a unique acoustics, a choir singing a cappella sounds stereo. The Orthodox chants and Sunday performances, where vocal ensembles sing without musical accompaniment, create sound that is spread under the roof so well that it can be heard perfectly from any point in the temple.
In 2008, with the blessing of Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia Alexy II, the Russian Orthodox shrines- the relics of St. Andrew were returned to the church. For almost 80 years they were considered lost. In addition Holy Trinity Church keeps relics of the St. Seraphim Sarovs, Great Trifon and healer Panteleimon the Great Martyr. The church still has another valuablee - the icon of God’s Mother Sign.
1. Holy Trinity Church is a historical and cultural monument of federal significance.
2. Holy Trinity Church is the largest church in the city.
3. According to historical records in 1800 4805 people were registered as parishioners of Trinity Church: 2422 men and 2383 women.
4. Among the relics retuned to the temple was - the miraculous icon of God’s Mother Sign. In 1911 the icon miraculously healed the daughter of one Chelyabinsk tradesman from a severe illness, who donated the icon to Holy Trinity Church. In 2002 there was one more miracle cure: the Holy Great Martyr Panteleimon cured a girl from coma.
5. It is possible to visit the oldest church in Chelyabinsk virtually - using the 3D-tour.
Address: Kirova 60-А
HOW TO GET THERE BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT
Buses:18, 59, 80,
Trolleys: 1, 2, 3, 16, 17, 20, 22,
Route taxis: 16, 25, 26, 32, 37, 38, 39, 42, 43, 45, 46, 47, 51, 52, 54, 58, 62, 63, 65, 81, 86, 87, 88, 90, 96.